Do I really NEED a serum?
The Secret Weapon Your Skin Might be Missing…
Can you relate to any of these? Deydrated skin, Uneven/Dark Spots, Fine Lines, Wrinkles, Dull Skin? Then YES, you need a serum! The concerns listed above are issues that people face or want to prevent. I mean, who really wants signs of aging or dull “blah” looking skin? Certainly not me!
There are however many misconceptions and confusion when it comes to serums, so I have answered the most commonly asked questions regarding serums:
“Why do you need a serum, isn’t a moisturizer enough?”
Serums have a high concentration of active ingredients and their light weight texture allows for maximum absorption. Particles found in serums are smaller which means they penetrate the skin on a deeper cellular level. Whereas, a moisturizer is a thicker in texture and helps with hydration mainly and prevent water loss.
“At what age should I use a serum?”
At around 20 years old the production of collagen and elastin begins to decline which means loss of elasticity and firmness. This change happens in the dermis first, as we age and our skin thins the damage begins to show on the surface. Starting in your early 20’s will help prevent aging.
“When is the best time to use it?”
Nighttime, apply liberally, create a layer. As you sleep skin regenerates itself, and repairs damage hence the term “beauty sleep”so all the help you can give your skin as you sleep the better.
“How do I use a serum?”
After cleansing your skin, shake the serum well, and apply liberally on face and neck.
The most pressing question being “which serum should I use?” Serums can be incredibly expensive, their price ranges well over $100 and hard to chose. To my pleasant surprise Age is Only A Number Elixir by Vasanti Cosmetics is formulated to help prevent/correct ALL signs of aging both on the dermis and epidermis. And the price? $62!
The Age is Only A Number Elixir is quite literally a superhero in a cape with incredible active ingredients. It is a bi-phase formula meaning there is an oil and serum proponent that creates the Age is Only A Number Elixir. To best illustrate the benefits, I will be listing and explaining each ingredient in both phases of the formula:
- Active Oils
- Neossance® Squalane: One of the most effective moisturizing and hydrating anti-aging actives derived from sugar cane. Prevents moisture loss while restoring the skin’s suppleness and flexibility.
- Niacinamide: A form of Vitamin B3 that helps increase skin elasticity and prevent water loss. It has a growing reputation for being able to treat uneven skin tone and to mitigate acne and subsequent hyperpigmentation. It is a powerful ingredient to smooth and even out the skin.
- Pomegranate Seed Oil: Fights free radicals, promotes regeneration, repairs and strengthens skin by stimulating collagen production.
- Organic Aloe Oil: An ingredient that has been used for centuries for its soothing, nourishing and hydrating properties, aloe vera oil extract contains B vitamins, vitamin C and E as well as essential amino acids that help skin look and feel younger.
- Argan Oil: Nourish, hydrate, protect and soothe without leaving your skin feeling greasy or oily
- Evening Primrose Oil: Anti-inflammatory properties, calming, soothing and moisturizing.
- INNOLLIENT™: Provides improvement of skin barrier function, increase in skin resiliency and superior emollient action
- Stem Cell and Peptide Technology
- Citrustem®: Reverses years of aging by recovering the quality and firmness of your skin using stem cells derived from oranges.
- Matrixyl® 3000:For reduction of wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots. It doesn’t get more effective than this anti-aging collagen boosting peptide duo.
- Anti-Aging Actives
- Orange Extract: Full of antioxidants and works to prevent wrinkles and fine lines with gentle astringent properties to help reduce acne and prevent scarring.
- Hyanify®: Boosts hyaluronic acid production in your skin, plumping to improve the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and pesky laugh lines.
- KALPARIANE™: Is a sea algae that has antioxidant, anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, rebalancing and protecting properties.
WHEW! That is A LOT of good stuff and for good reason! Your skin deserves the best. You might be wondering will the oils in the formula clog my pores? Nope! The oils used in formula do not clog pores! No Mineral Oils are used. You might also be wondering, why use an oil in a serum? Oilier skin naturally ages better. Hence why, adding oils into the formula provides anti-aging benefits or all skin types. You can never go wrong with oils that are nourishing for your skin.
Do your skin a favour and incorporate Age is Only A Number to your nightly skincare routine, and if layering products isn’t your thing. Don’t worry, the hyaluronic in the formula is moisturizing alongside the many oils – you can get away with JUST Age is Only a Number Elixir and have bright, youthful, plump, lifted skin!!